A leading vendor in the BSS/OSS space is looking for several Architects to help grow their team and deal with their increasing project requirements.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides technical leadership and accountability for the design and implementation of a major product or subsystem in a solution.
- Ensures technical viability of solutions as defined in the Statement of Work and subsequent change requests, identifying, resolving and mitigating technical issues and risks.
- Creates and/or validates work estimates and skills required to assist the lead architect and project management with task scheduling and resource requests.
- Coordinates with development and test teams to keep the deliverables on target and on time.
- Manages technical customer interactions from kick off through UAT.
- Guide customer(s) through the requirements gathering, designing and documentation process within a specific domain area while fitting within the OSS/BSS infrastructure, and making the best use of company product offerings.
- Coaches and mentors other project members to increase their understanding of the customer and technology.
- Provides feedback to the solution engineering team for improvements, market trends and product issues.
- Pursues knowledge of upcoming product features as they are made known or released
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business or equivalent education/experience required.
- 7 years’ software development and application implementation experience
- Senior design experience in UNIX and database applications
- Telecommunications industry experience and in-depth knowledge of related products
- Must have experience working with billing systems
- Technical project management experience
- Agile methodologies experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Subject matter expert for one or more products and implementation steps.
- Knowledge of product portfolio.
- Broad understanding of business technology, telecom networks, and data structures.
- Strong design skills with ability to document the designs.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills, with the ability to diagnose complex problems that require complex methods or theories.
- Team leadership skills to exchange ideas and create a common understanding of project work from conception through issue resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to influence and gain cooperation.
- Ability to speak, write and understand English.
- Ability to suitably adapt communication based on the audience, e.g. technical vs. management.
- Ability to prioritize effectively within and across one or more assignments through good judgement, seeking guidance where appropriate.
- Ability to travel domestic and international for extended duration onsite based on requirements of the project.
- Non-standard work hours may be required and the ability to be on-call.
- Accountable for professional working behavior to include; building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating core competencies and values